This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somehow I lost the panel for applications

My panel for all the shortcuts was at the bottom right and then the one that showed whichever apps you had open was on the left. Somehow I accidentally deleted the one on the left. To remedy this, I right clicked the panel below and looked through the available widgets and chose something that sounded like the same thing. Now I've got a new panel that lists each icon of each open program, but it's not the same one as before. Plus, my shortcut icons are all flush left.

Anyone know the name of that panel that comes by default?
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

the default widget is called "task manager". You likely added the "icon-only task manager".

Once you add the widget, you may have to move it to where you want it to be. A little trick with this is you sort of have to drag it a little past where you want it to go, see a place marker show up between widgets, then release it. When a widget is removed, I think the remaining ones (such as your shortcuts) will move to to the left or expand to fill the empty space on the panel.

If you wish to nuke the whole panel and start from scratch, you can do so, then add a new, stock one by right-clicking on the desktop (after deleting the whole panel) and selecting "add panel >> default panel. But I think replacing what you have with the task manager is easiest and keeps the other things you have added to the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      the default widget is called "task manager". You likely added the "icon-only task manager".

Once you add the widget, you may have to move it to where you want it to be. A little trick with this is you sort of have to drag it a little past where you want it to go, see a place marker show up between widgets, then release it. When a widget is removed, I think the remaining ones (such as your shortcuts) will move to to the left or expand to fill the empty space on the panel.

If you wish to nuke the whole panel and start from scratch, you can do so, then add a new, stock one by right-clicking on the desktop (after deleting the whole panel) and selecting "add panel >> default panel. But I think replacing what you have with the task manager is easiest and keeps the other things you have added to the panel.
      That was exactly it. I had put in the icon only task msnager. It's back the way I like it now. They have a ton of widgets in there.

Btw, what is your "funky little shack"? Please promise me you're not the Unabomber II.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ZeCat View Post
        That was exactly it. I had put in the icon only task msnager. It's back the way I like it now. They have a ton of widgets in there.
        Awesome! Wait till you find more you can add.......

Btw, what is your "funky little shack"? Please promise me you're not the Unabomber II.
        Think the B-52's I now live in Georgia, in what could be considered a shack -it is more of an in-law suite. It's not really funky most of the time, however.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          Awesome! Wait till you find more you can add.......

Think the B-52's I now live in Georgia, in what could be considered a shack -it is more of an in-law suite. It's not really funky most of the time, however.
          Ha ha. We're probably close to the same age. I remember the B-52s and the Love Shack. LOL.

I'm considering building a shack, but I'd prefer to call it an off-grid cabin. I want it to be much like this guy's cabin.

Comment

Working...
          X