Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep doing this cool thing with the desktop, but ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep doing this cool thing with the desktop, but ...

... I can't figure out how I did it.

I'll have a bunch of apps open and Alt+Tab between them. Well and good. Then sometimes I'll accidentally hit something -- I don't know what -- and all my open apps are shown as squaes on the desktop and I can click on whichever one I want. Seems like a cool feature. I just don't know how I'm inadvertently accessing it.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Sounds like the "Present Windows" effect. You can check which keys trigger it in System settings->Desktop Effects, All effects tab, but I also use System settings->Workspace Behaviour->Screen Edges set to present windows when the mouse moves to the top left corner; maybe you have a screen edge trigger.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

There used to be a way to get Alt-Tab use present windows, but I can't find it now.

Comment

It's the Screen Edges trigger that does this. System Settings > Workspace Behavior > Screen Edges
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          It's the Screen Edges trigger that does this. System Settings > Workspace Behavior > Screen Edges
          +1 ,,, I must concur with this hypotheses ........by default the top left corner of the screen is the trigger for "present windows" (the effect you are describing).

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
            There used to be a way to get Alt-Tab use present windows, but I can't find it now.
            KWin defines three shortcuts for Present Windows:

Comment

Working...
            X