This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

annoying: KDE Wallet

I wish I had never enabled the KDE Wallet. It's always bugging me for the password. That means I need to type in both my Kubuntu password and my Wallet one. I uninstalled it in the Synaptic Package Manager, but it still bugged me. Then I googled around and the consensus of online advice was to not uninstall it because it might gut important things from KDE. So I reinstalled it. The advice was to disable it instead. From some of the links I found (http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...742-KDE-Wallet) I figured out how to do that. The stupid thing still bugged me for my password; plus, my wifi access was wrecked. I've re-enabled it so I can at least use wifi.

How do I make this thing quit bugging me? Here's what I did before:

K Start button ===> (under yellow star "Favorites") System Settings ==> Account Details ==> KDE Wallet

uncheck enable the KDE Wallet subsystem
    That wasn't enough. Wifi got messed up. I looked in my wifi settings to see if I could find some command that would un-link it to the KDE Wallet. Didn't see anything.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

For the moment, just set a blank password on KWallet. That way, when it is called by an application, you aren't asked to provide a password.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

remove your wifi connection and then recreate it with the wallet disabled.

I have read that setting a blank default password for the walet will result in it not buging you as well but I havent tryed that one ,,,,,,I allwase just disable it as soon as I install the system

VINNY

EDIT: O ya @Snowhog is where I read that
      Last edited by vinnywright; Jul 14, 2013, 03:11 PM.
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        remove your wifi connection and then recreate it with the wallet disabled.

I have read that setting a blank default password for the walet will result in it not buging you as well but I havent tryed that one ,,,,,,I allwase just disable it as soon as I install the system

VINNY

EDIT: O ya @Snowhog is where I read that
        That did the trick. Thanks.
        Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
        ================================

Comment

Working...
        X