This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmenu apps blank?

This is a new one for me and Google is not helping much. I was having trouble with the Kmenu not saving changes so I edited the applications-kmenuedit.menu and that worked fine. Then after a few reboots I saw this.

I am really lost one this one because I have had similar problems and editing the file never caused this before. Any help is apprecited. Thanks.

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums . Net

Did you change Desktop Themes before this problem presented itself?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me. Yes about 15 minutes before I changed to Diamond. I have tried deleting applications-kmenuedit.menu but it fails to recreate after a reboot. Also tried running kbuildsycoca4 and the problem persist? Everything else such as Favorite show up fine just no Applications. I see I am not the only one this has happened to but the solutions listed are not working for me.

Comment

Have you tried switching to another Desktop Theme?

Comment

After your comment I tried switching to Oxygen and Air with reboots but to no avail.

Comment

Okay. You said you edited applications-kmenuedit.menu. Try removing both menu launchers from the panel and adding them back again.

Comment

I have just noticed something else odd I can no longer launch the menu editor. I tried your suggestion Snowhog and they did not work. I apprecite the suggestions though very much. Edit: I can launch the menu editor from a terminal with no errors but not by right clicking the menu icon.

Comment

I tried restoring to system menus? It deleted applications-kmenuedit.menu. as well as .local/share/applications but the menu is still blank.

Comment

I tried creating a shortcut for Tux Racer while running in the terminal but the output gives me no clues.
                  inkrypted@VOX:~$ kmenuedit
                  QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
                  QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
                  inkrypted@VOX:~$ kmenuedit(2664)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file "/home/inkrypted/.local/share/applications/Tux Racer.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line

couldn't lock local file
                  couldn't create image from ""
                  Could not resolve property : linearGradient5167
                  kmenuedit(2664)/kio (KDirModel) KDirModelPrivate::_k_slotDeleteItems: No node found for item that was just removed: KUrl("file:///usr/games/etracer")
                  QTimeLine::start: already running
                  couldn't lock local file
                  couldn't create image from ""
                  Could not resolve property : linearGradient5167
                  couldn't lock local file

Comment

SOLVED: Delete the folders .config/menu and .local/share/Applications and Application Directories. Then run sudo kbuildsycoca4
                    in a terminal and reboot. This sets your menu back to defaults and you will loose all customizations but it will show the applications again. Thanks for the suggestions Snowhog.

Comment

Working...
                    X