Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CRT] Monitor shuts down at splashscreen.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CRT] Monitor shuts down at splashscreen.

Hi, for a couple of years I m using Kubuntu as my main OS. So I ve done some distr.updates. While Raring was still in beta I tried to update to 13.04. Installation went fine. When starting the system the monitor gets switched off after the login-screen.
    I m still using a CRT cause it still works fine. Beautiful colors and a sharp image.
    Until 13.04 this never gave problems. At that time I thought : probably a beta-bug.
    Did not have so much time then, so I stayed at 12.10. Few days ago I took the time to do a “serious” update to Raring.

Installation went fine.
    The result was unfortunately the same as before: after the login-screen, when I push enter, splash-screen starts to appear, then monitor gets switched-off (to standby), after ca 1 sec. The booting proces goes on without any problem. Also the start-up sound you can hear.

When I connect the PC to a LCD-display everything works fine. So there must be a fundamentel change between 12.10 and 13.04. I expect the hardware-detection of the system has been changed. The base of the problem is probably the EDID-handshake with the “old-fashioned CRT”. Have been searching the net, but did nt find some useful information.
    Tried some changes in the bootparameters with Grub, like “nomodeset”, and some changes in xorg.conf , like the “PreferredMode” and the “IgnoreEDID” options in several sections. But all without any result.

Some advice (or pointing in a direction to some information) will be appreciated...

Hi,

first of all ... sorry for my little english

I have the same problem, and I think the same thing, when hw detect run my crt go off.

I have installed my first version of kubuntu (13.04) so I don't know how it works in the past.

But I have fixed the problem with a DVI converter. I plug my vga cable in the converter (I'm lucky, my vga card has the two ports) and the monitor works fine.

At logon it goes down for 1 sec. but after all It's ok.

If you have a vga card with dvi port you can try this !

Bye bye

Comment

Working...
    X