X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Rekonq and AcroRead

Hi, I have 2 problems.

I installed the Beta version of 13.10 shortly before the final release and then upgraded etc. Since 2-3 weeks, Rekonq starts without menus and window decorations - basically unusable. I tried deleting ~/.kde/share/apps/rekonq, no change. It must be storing config info somewhere else, as the bookmarks were not deleted.

Then, in the Beta there was no Acroread. I tried installing the original Adobe package which did not work. Now Acroread appeared in the repository but it does not install saying '/var/cache/apt/archives/acroread-bin_9.5.5-1raring1_i386.deb
    trying to overwrite '/opt/Adobe/Reader9/bin/acroread', which is also in package adobereader-enu 9.5.4' but I already deleted Adobe from /opt ......

Thanks in advance
    Gleb

Deleting the physical files did not remove the information about it in the package manager, you may want to try uninstalling acroread from the package manager, to see if that will remove the data. Else you can use dpkg command to force the install:

Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite <name-of-package>.deb
    Do note that 13.10 has NOT yet been released, and is still in very early stages of development and flux. With the coming of the KDE 4.11 betas, there will be guarantees of things breaking as the devs see what needs to be fixed - rekonq, for example , is not part of the core KDE Software Compilation and may need some tweaks for it to work properly, or some library file has not yet been updated.

Again, all the usual caveats about running pre-release versions are still valid.

Happy bug hunting

Comment

Sorry, I have 13.04!

Thank you, I mixed up the Kubuntu version.
      Still, uninstalling from Muon did not help. Strangely, a new package from Adobe' website installed well.

Still would be nice to repair Rekonq - in my 13.04.

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Deleting the physical files did not remove the information about it in the package manager, you may want to try uninstalling acroread from the package manager, to see if that will remove the data. Else you can use dpkg command to force the install:

Code:
      sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite <name-of-package>.deb
      Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 16, 2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Try ~/.kde/share/config for the rekonqrc file, that might help

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thank you very much, that worked.

By the way, I turned off Desktop search and the system seems much faster, including boot time, and does not get slow responsiveness after 1 day of working!

Comment

Working...
          X