This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent crashes with Amarok

Ever since I upgraded to 13.04 (from 12.10) Amarok will play 5-10 songs then crash. Sometimes I don't even get three songs out of it.

Saw one thread where it was suggested to try the VLC backend instead of GsStreamer, No effect there.

Running the 64-bit version of 13.04.
    Amarok version is 2.7.0
    KDE version is 4.10.2

Under 12.10 Amarok was SOLID.

Do you mind trying these commands for me:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo apt-get install -f
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
    Also, remember you must log out and log back in after changed the phonon backend. Do you use any plugins? Is Amarok from a ppa or standard repos?

Comment

I'm running Amarok from the standard repos. I'll run the above code and see what happens.

Just saw this post this morning from the Amarok team.

"The Amarok Team has discovered a very unpleasant bug in QtWebkit ↔ GStreamer interaction that made continuous playing almost impossible, due to frequent crashing. We decided to work around it in our code and take it as an opportunity to release a bugfix version. It contains a couple of other fixes we deemed important."

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.7.1

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
        I'm running Amarok from the standard repos. I'll run the above code and see what happens.

Just saw this post this morning from the Amarok team.

"The Amarok Team has discovered a very unpleasant bug in QtWebkit ↔ GStreamer interaction that made continuous playing almost impossible, due to frequent crashing. We decided to work around it in our code and take it as an opportunity to release a bugfix version. It contains a couple of other fixes we deemed important."

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.7.1
        Glad you found a solution. I'm sure Amarok 2.7.1 will come soon enough. By the way, if the bug was related then why did the VLC Phonon backend not fix your issue? Just rember to logout for changes to take place.

Comment

Working...
        X