This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static Background noise while recording

Hi guys, I asked a question on Askubuntu but it seems I will not get help, so I decided to explain my problem here:

(This is the question on AskUbuntu: http://askubuntu.com/questions/29278...t-ubuntu-13-04)

I bought an awesome gaming headset but I'm getting an static noise so I can't do gameplay comentaris, I will paste here the information I provided on Askubuntu:

Today I bought a new gaming headset (Gx-Gaming Lychas), and when I tried to record some gameplay-comentary I noticed that there always is a static background noise, I just recorded an example so you guys can listen it (no downloaded needed):

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/65167832/file.html

I'm using Kubuntu 13.04 and Kernel version is 3.8.0-19, my laptop is an Acer Travelmate 5760Z, I tried tons of configurations on Alsamixer and none of them made result, I really need to get this working so any kind of help will be very aprecciated.
    Here's my cat /proc/asound/cards

Code:
    0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                          HDA Intel PCH at 0xc6400000 irq 44
    I really need to get voice-recording working, I hate this kind of problems u.u, I tried tons of configurations using Alsamixer, and the only way to kill background noise is to putting zero Mic boost, but this setting will also mute my voice, so it isn't a solution. Thank you in advance! (sorry for my terrible english).
    Last edited by ThundLayr; May 08, 2013, 05:22 PM. Reason: grammar fixes

Thundlayer:

This sounds like a bad ground in the headphone. There is 60 Hz 'hum' in the background, and some 'buzzing'.

Does this headset work on another device without causing this sort of noise?

If you try a different headset on the computer, does the other headset also produce this sound?

We need to determine if the problem is the computer, or the headset. All the fixing of ALSA in the world is not going to compensate for a bad headset.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Hi Frank! I jus tried this headset two different computers (they're also using Kubuntu, but one of those it's on Precise), and this noise also appeared while recording. Also, recording with another headset doesn't make this kind of noise but another (because it's a really cheap headset), so it seems like what you said "bad ground in the headphone". Is there any kind of software fix for this? or do I need to open the headphone and fix ground connection or something?

Thank you for your answer

Thundlayr.

Comment

ThundLayr:

It would probably be best to just replace the headset. In some cases, it can just be bad shielding, which can be a design fault.

Frank.
        Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Working...
        X