This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bootup-Clock Date incorrect

kubuntu 13.04 bootup-Digital Clock Date always incorrect, yet location OK.
    Remains correct until next reboot, then same problem. Any ideas?

Check your Bios. If the date is set wrong there, it could be resetting the old information each time you boot up. I am not speaking from wisdom, here, it is just a thought that came to mind. I have spent a lot of time in the Bios and remember on my old Bios there was a provision to change date and time. Also, the thought seems logical, because Bios is first to boot. Hope it helps. I usually don't offer help when I am not more sure of my info, but I sometimes, like now, do when no one else is responding, and I have an idea. Best of luck, anyway.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
      BIOS CHECK WAS 1ST THING I CHECKED - IT IS OK.
      It has got to be something else.

Comment

Hello
        try: right click on digital clock -> digital clock settings -> time zones -> tick UTC in the upper window and in the bar "clock defaults" select "local".
        hth
        Regards

Comment

Thanks!
          UTC does NOT work. I am living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Clock settins as this. These settings are correct until I reboot. I then have to reset the clock again. Very weird!!!

Comment

Try: ...time zones UTC + your local zone -> set "clock defaults" to "local".
            hth

Comment

Working...
            X