This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratching My Head-Plasma Pager widget

Whenever I reboot my system (13.04), the Pager widget goes crazy. It appears to "think" that the bar is somewhere else. I can only see a part of the bottom row of screens, it appears that the video of the pager only is shifted up and left. You can only see the part that remains inside the bar in the space reserved for the pager which is otherwise empty. The only "fix" is to remove the Pager from the panel, and then add it back. Only a reboot will cause this, and that doesn't happen very often, so it's just bugging me. Does anyone have any ideas to try?

The second thing that occurs on a reboot is the creation of multiple instances of "blankscrn.kss." (I hope I copied that right). This eats memory and pretty makes accessing one of my desktops impossible. On the last reboot, I counted thirty-four of these. I just hit [Ctrl-Esc] and kill all of them, but this is another head-scratcher. I would be very grateful if anyone has an idea on how this "reign of annoyance" could be ended.

kblankscrn.kss is called by the Screen Locker -- it just paints a big black window over the desktop.

I bet your problem is that you've got some goofed up session state that won't restore properly upon login. I don't think KDE's default of trying to save session state is a good idea. Let's see if changing this will help you. Go to System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Session Management. Change On Login to "Start with an empty session." Now reboot. Have the kblankscrn.kss instances disappeared?

What about your pager...is it OK now, too? If not, perhaps deleting and recreating the entire panel will help.

Comment

Working...
    X