This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Odd wake from suspend issue

I've been fighting with Kubuntu since 12.04, trying to wake from suspend. What would happen is that I would press the wake/power button on my chassis and both monitors come on, keyboard lights up and I have disk activity. But that's as far as it goes. Even with both monitors on, there is nothing displayed. The system would hang for up to 3 hours (I went and did lawn work and came back to the system still in purgatory (half on/ half off)state).

I have tried wipes and fresh installs from 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04 with the same results.

I have upgraded,downgraded and removed my Nvidia drivers.

I have tried setting s3 options in my bios to os control/bios control.

I even tried installing to different harddrives, installing to ahci, installing to ide.

It has proven to be a kernel issue. I did some research (Google is my friend) and it seems that there started to be intermitten issues with laptops (this is a desktop, btw), kernel versions above 3.5.0 and waking from suspend.

So I installed the mainline 3.10.4 kernel and continued to have problems. I installed the mainline 3.5.5 kernel (Ubuntu variant 3.5.0.17) and still had wake issues.

I then purged every single kernel image, header, extra (ect al) downloaded from ubuntu from my system. Bam, my system now wakes from suspend on the 3.10.4 mainline kernel. There is, apparently, some sort of config residue that get loaded from the older kernels.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.
Working...
X