This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mtp samsung pictures photos transfer does not work

the present version of Kubuntu , with mtp installed from repos does not set up kubuntu to where one can transfer photos from the phone to the pc.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (S3)

to the pc

Windows Vista does it without a hicccup.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Planet KDE (http://planetkde.org/ ) > The state of accessing Android devices under KDE or: What’s up with kio-mtp? ( http://philipp.schmidt-rheinhausen.d...-with-kio-mtp/ ):
    The current state

Ok, so it works? Yes it does. At least for Google Nexus Android devices. Or those devices using the builtin MTP Stack of Android. Or those that don’t expect Windows-like behaviour. Basically those who put some handling of unexpected states in their code. Which Samsung didn’t when they wrote their own...
    At here with the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 & kio-tmp -> The data transfer speed is slower than if I use an external sd card. And now and then the mtp is dying with the unexpected error message.
    Last edited by Rog132; Jul 31, 2013, 06:22 AM.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

I'm sorry about the problems, but, not our fault.

The pathway on the files for the phone say "storage0" or something like that and I assumed, wrong thing to do, that it was defaulting the storage to a card.

After spending a very long time, about twenty minutes, I got the images offloaded using my Vista machine.

The next day I got a 16 gb card and had the phone folks change the default pathway.

one learns something every day! lol

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

"Ok, so it works? Yes it does. At least for Google Nexus Android devices. Or those devices using the builtin MTP Stack of Android. "

Hahaha.... Bull. Doesn't work, actually. You have to use Windows. That's pretty pathetic. Ubuntu/Canonical only care about money. This MTP protocol crap has been going on for years so they could invest and fix this problem. But, nope. Android devices not working in Linux is pathetic. My next smartphone (if any) will be an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by kdeputer View Post
          Ubuntu/Canonical only care about money. This MTP protocol crap has been going on for years so they could invest and fix this problem.
          Please do your research. The problem does not lie with Canonical, Ubuntu, or any of the flavors.

Comment

Working...
          X