X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEsudo doesn't work with root user

Well, I have a problem with Kubuntu.

I remove the admin privileges to my personal account from settings of KDE, but when I do this KDEsudo doesn't work with the root user like Ubuntu and then I can't start any administration program (packages, users... ) from the graphical interface.

Maybe you misunderstood the setting (or I misunderstood your problem).

The "admin privileges" setting means that the user is allowed to use kdesudo (or sudo) to start applications "as root". If you remove the admin privileges, you won't be able to use kdesudo.

You need to add your user to the sudo group again to fix it. If you don't have another account with admin privileges, you can do that by booting to recovery mode and run from the root console:
    Code:
    adduser <username> sudo
    (replace "<username>" with your actual username)

Comment

OK, but I want to know if exists any way to run KDEsudo with the root password, not as sudo.

Comment

Originally posted by I hate MAMP View Post
        OK, but I want to know if exists any way to run KDEsudo with the root password, not as sudo.
        If you have enabled a root password, you can set the rootpw option in /etc/sudoers which will make sudo and kdesudo ask for the root password instead of the calling user's password, example:
        Defaults !tty_tickets,env_reset,timestamp_timeout=10,rootpw
        The options are likely different in your /etc/sudoers, but it's a comma (,) separated list of options, just add ",rootpw" at the end.

Another option you can use in place of "rootpw" is "targetpw", which will ask target user's password (if you're switching to root, it will ask for root's password...and if switching to another user, it will ask for that user's password)

It's usually recommended to edit /etc/sudoers with the command "visudo" as root, as visudo performs basic syntax checking before saving the changes (as syntax errors can make sudo non-functional)
        Last edited by kubicle; May 29, 2013, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X