This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file sharing problem on lan

I just installed Samba on Kubuntu 13.04.
    I see my Workgroup in the Network, But entering it, I only see 2 of 3 computers on my network.
    I have 1. Primary 2. Secondary and 3. Winxp(kubuntu).
    Primary computer does NOT show up in my network. How do I add/access it?
    Do I have to configure Samba?
    nevermind....solved it. file sharing was incomplete.

ooops, NOT solved. I see all 3 computers on network samba workgroup.
    but from primary, i cannot copy files to winxp(kubuntu). says: "enter network password".
    but WON'T take my network password or my login password. says: access is denied.
    My directories are set for file sharing with full permissions granted.
    what am i missing here?

Comment

I am having the exact same problem, all the shares under the workgroup in my network are visible except my Kubuntu Desktop shares, they are properly shared and working because i can access them with my android phone using ES File Explorer configured with the correct IP, user and password. They are obviously there and working but invisible to the network somehow. This bug has me stunned.

Update 1: I use a Netgear WNDR3700 dual band Router in my home network which is up to date firmware wise and this problem only happens when i boot my Kubuntu desktop, when i boot the same PC on Windows (I have a multiboot on it) it does not happen, i can see all my windows shares. Even when it seems to be a Kubuntu bug, and it probably is to a certain extent because it never happened before Kubuntu 13.04, i took the plunge and installed DD-WRT firmware for my router. I set it up, configure all my static IPs an so forth, problem solved, I can't believe what a difference a better firmware for the router can make on the network. Now i can see my Kubuntu PC and its shares from the entire network, it just works. Go figure.
      Last edited by Guest; Jun 23, 2013, 09:09 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
      X