This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Remote Printers from Kubuntu 13.04 Printer configuration

I had a desktop machine using Kubuntu 13.04 configured to use two remote printers on my LAN. This machine has just been changed to become the LAN Server and now has the two printers connected locally.

When I went into System Settings > Printer Configuration, to set up the printers as "local", they still showed up as "Remote Printers" and II could not delete them. Attempting to do so caused the system to freeze.

Is there a way by which I can delete these non existent remote printers using commands, or some means other than Settings > Printer Configuration ?

Thanks
    Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
    So much to learn.... So little time!

Point your browser to http://localhost:631 to open the cups web interface, you can try to remove them from there.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Point your browser to http://localhost:631 to open the cups web interface, you can try to remove them from there.
      Thank you for the prompt reply. I had heard about being able to use a browser to configure cups but had forgotten it. Funny thing happened which I feel I must share.

When I went into the web interface, it only showed the two local printers that I had set up yesterday. There was no listing of remote printers.

So I went back to the "normal" way of maintaining printers Kickoff> System Settings > Printer Configuration and all references to Remote Printers were gone. Only the Local printers showed up with one being on-line and the other off-line, which is correct.

The system was left on with no re-starts, (I had tried restarts when I was attempting to remove the remote printers but to no avail) so I don't know it it fixed itself or if logging into the cups web interface forced the deletion of the non-existent remote printers.

The problem is fixed and I thank you for your suggestion. I will immediately put it into my trouble shooting notes for future reference.

Thanks

Mac
      Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
      So much to learn.... So little time!

Comment

Working...
      X