Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music not accessible on mobile [but images/videos are] : problem with udev rules ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music not accessible on mobile [but images/videos are] : problem with udev rules ?

Dear all

I have an iphone 3GS which I mean to connect to my laptop (kubuntu 13.04) to manage my music. When I plug it in, Kubuntu sees it and proposes to open it in dolphin with 2 links. One link works and gets me to the images/videos. The other one does not and gives me the following error message:

The file or folder udi=/org/kde/solid/udev/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-1 does not exist.

I have searched on the internet for some solution but couldn't find anything that would work. I tried to look at the rules (udev) and found in /lib/udev/rules.d/69-libmtp.rules

# Apple iPhone 3GS
    ATTR{idVendor}=="05ac", ATTR{idProduct}=="1294", SYMLINK+="libmtp-%k", MODE="660", GROUP="audio", ENV{ID_MTP_DEVICE}="1", ENV{ID_MEDIA_PLAYER}="1"

that seems to correspond. But the audio part does not work as mentioned.

Any clue to solve this? (I know iphone are badly or not supported, but my model+OS seems to be supported and it looks like a small problem although I can't find a good way forward).

Thanks for any tip!
Working...
X