This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchpad configured as mouse?

Using Kubuntu 13.04. I have a touchpad connected to my desktop computer via USB. I would like to configure it. Every time the computer boots, as soon as the desktop appears synaptiks greets me with "No touchpad found." Going into System settings/Input devices/Touchpad, I get the same message. It tells me to make sure the synaptics (sic) driver is properly installed and configured. apt-get says synaptics is not available, and the package that replaces it doesn't recognize devices connected by USB.

"xinput list" yields "Cirque Corporation 9925 AG Touchpad id=8 [slave pointer (2)]", which looks correct.

System settings/Input devices/ thinks I have a mouse (there is none). I found this line in Xorg.0.log:
    "(II) evdev: Cirque Corporation 9925 AG Touchpad: Configuring as mouse",
    and
    "(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Cirque Corporation 9925 AG Touchpad" (type: MOUSE, id 8)".

The touchpad works. I just would like to be able to tweak it with either synaptiks or synaptics. I would like the system to recognize the device as a touchpad, not a mouse. Any ideas?

do you have all necessary repositories enabled?

does the touchpad use synaptics drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by mastablasta View Post
      do you have all necessary repositories enabled?
      I don't know. I've looked around and not seen any special repositories for touchpad drivers.

does the touchpad use synaptics drivers?
      Probably not. xinput list-props for this device has a bunch of lines beginning with evdev.

I think I'll give up. The touchpad works, I don't need any fancy capabilities. The only thing that drives me nuts is tapping on the upper right corner is the same as right-click. I wish I could disable that. I do it constantly. But I'm sure synaptics wouldn't help with that.

Comment

Working...
      X