Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon HD 7340: okay for a smooth desktop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD Radeon HD 7340: okay for a smooth desktop?

A friend wants me to build her a Kubuntu system, which would be Raring 13.04. With her budget, I'm looking at a modest nettop-sized box with an AMD Radeon HD 7340.

I'm confident about everything else, but I don't know how well the open source radeon driver works for this chipset. She's not a hardcore gamer; just Flash games like Candy Crush.

I'd like to know if the radeon driver will have a smooth desktop experience or will it be laggy? And will it play full-screen YouTube videos without tearing?

Looking at this page doesn't help me much either.

The CPU is a AMD E2-1800 APU 1.7GHz Dual-Core.

Any ideas?

Or for that matter the AMD 7xxx series? I understand AMD has been slow to have drivers that work as well as the previous generation GPU's.

Comment

Should be fine to use either closed or open drivers. Both have advantages and disadvantages. If your going to use the closed drivers (the Catalyst one) you may need to change it to the updated driver after the upgrade to get rid of a graphic overlay picture.

Comment

I'm use AMD E-450 with 6320 graphic. Kubuntu's work GREAT. I'm love it.....

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the reassurance!

Comment

Working...
          X