This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail problem with smtp SSL: writing to socket failed

I have problems with KMail when I want to send a mail, a notification pops up saying that the transport failed, and writing to socket failed.

I give a try with thunderbird and the same settings for the smtp server with SSL and it works well. So the problem is with KMail or any related component but I do not know where or what search to solve this issue.

I have this issue on 12.04 too.

If someone can help me, do not hesitate

Please describe how you've configured your sending account in KMail.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Please describe how you've configured your sending account in KMail.
      Hi SteveRiley,

The first time, I used the account wizard. The second time, I decided to configure the smtp server manually after having remove it. So I have gone to settings > Configure KMail > Accounts > sending tab > and I add my smtp server with this settings : encryption SSL on port 465 (like thunderbird was set and as the provider of the smtp server said in his help section), authentification plain, server requires authentication checked (with my correct login/password).

Comment

What mail service are you using? It's rather unusual to configure SMTPS these days; instead, most mail exchangers prefer Submission (TLS on port 587/tcp).

Unfortuntately, I'm not sure I'm going to be a whole lot of help in this scenario. It might be worth registering an account at the KDE forum and posting your question there. Some of the regulars know the PIM suite really well.

Comment

What mail service are you using?
          My mail service is the french post mail : laposte.net

Unfortuntately, I'm not sure I'm going to be a whole lot of help in this scenario.
          You tried to help me, that's important.

It might be worth registering an account at the KDE forum and posting your question there. Some of the regulars know the PIM suite really well.
          I will post there!

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X