X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 13.04: failure

I decided to create my own thread.

I really think that it's impossible to upgrade a distro. At least, in Kubuntu it is. I've never had success doing this. And yet again.

I cannot use Firefox. Also, Muon Update Manager cannot update. I am not sure but I was wondering if choosing to 'remove' at the end of the steps was the wrong choice but then WHY give me that option?!?

$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ca.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_raring_universe _source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I'll google what that means above but I only followed the 'how to' how to upgrade.

Application: Muon Software Center (muon-installer), signal: Segmentation fault
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
    [KCrash Handler]
    #5 0x00007f7b6c73d508 in ResourcesModel::resourceByPackageName(QString const&) () from /usr/lib/libmuonprivate.so.1
    #6 0x000000000041dc4a in ?? ()
    #7 0x000000000041dd0f in ?? ()
    #8 0x000000000041b7d1 in ?? ()
    #9 0x00007f7b6952fea5 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
    #10 0x000000000041b815 in _start ()

LOL @ can't use Firefox now.

Comment

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=317917

KDE bug.... it figures.

I stopped installing kde-distros or at least the DE for a while. I was using Mint or Debian with Gnome or xfce. It was because of way too many kde crashes.

Comment

text on the tabs on the bottom are all jumbled and unreadable as well. Big mistake upgrading to this.

Comment

I followed this thread and fixed Firefox:
          http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-install/page3

Thanks to sithlord's contribution and SteveRiley's posts / instructions! I didn't have the exact same problem as Mazate's but Steve's instructions worked for me, too.

Firefox now starts.

The leftover issue is the text being all scrambled in the bottom tabs. I think that's a plasma or some sort of graphics bug? If anyone recognizes what I'm talking about or knows what it is (including any possible fixes or workarounds - I can't read the text when it happens), I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X