This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time settings don't stick

I set my time to x:yy. The clock in the panel reflects this. When I logout and back in again, the time is x-1:yy (one hour behind). Nothing I do can make it stick. I tried logging into the date/time settings as root, and doing a sudo date +%T - s "x:yy:zz". The time is updated only for the current session.

Also, I get an "authenticate" error when trying to use a time server to set the date and time automatically. This happens also as root.

Please see my post #13 in this thread: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?62171

Do the steps there help you?

Comment

There must be a bug. I was having the same problem, even though I selected the correct time zone at install. Running "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata" seemed to fix it.
      Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

Hah, finally a solution that survives a reboot on my 13.04 install!
        Thanks from Scotland.

Comment

After my space-time jump of yesterday caused new problems with the clock I had another look at it and found a for me strange discrepancy between Time Zone settings via System Settings or done via right clicking the clock.
          Only the last one offers the option to select more than one time zone and to prevent them conflicting I found it best to switch all off but where one is.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
            After my space-time jump of yesterday caused new problems with the clock I had another look at it and found a for me strange discrepancy between Time Zone settings via System Settings or done via right clicking the clock.
            Only the last one offers the option to select more than one time zone and to prevent them conflicting I found it best to switch all off but where one is.
            these are 2 different settings indeed,theoretically if one has multiple time zones set in the clock you can scroll through them with the mouse wheel wile pointing to the clock with the courser.
            if you deselect all time zones in the clock it will default to the system settings time .

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Indeed, as said I was not aware of this additional option via the clock itself, usually do stuff via System Settings.
              And I did not realise the original time stayed enabled after changing time zones thus causing for me strange phenomena.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                Indeed, as said I was not aware of this additional option via the clock itself, usually do stuff via System Settings.
                And I did not realise the original time stayed enabled after changing time zones thus causing for me strange phenomena.
                yes ,,well a space -time jump is indeed a strange phenomenon ,,,,,,,,I am experiencing one right now, as it is spring hear, and there is a little gnat crawling around on my screen and appears to be under the glass of the LCD as it will not die no mater how hard I poke the screen............. ,,,,,,,

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X