X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ar

Hi
    As there is no minimal ISO for development versions I have the question if it is perhaps to install Kubuntu using Debian-«ar»?
    Kind rgds

Raring mini ISO:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dis...mages/netboot/

Comment

Oh! Thank you very much Steve. But I think it is not possible to select the development version of (K)Ubuntu with the mini-ISO but mini-ISOs are all dedicated to one predefined (K)Ubuntu version, the most actual stable. Did that change?

Comment

Raring mini ISO as noted in the above link (Index of /ubuntu/dists/raring/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot) is the current development version.

Comment

ah! Raring is the new name! I didn't understand it and was awaiting a number like 13.04 or 13.10 or 14.04! Thank you very much an both!

but if I understand right, there is no use of the Debian commando «ar» (can set up a full Debian installation only with bash and «wget» and the adequate script! One of the most powerful commands in Linux at all!!!) in )K)Ubuntu?

best rgds

Comment

Does the Raring mini.iso have support for EFI yet for those who want to use it on EFI-enabled machines. I may do an MB upgrade in the future and I love these mini iso since they allow me to custom build my Kubuntu from the grounnd up (all I want/need without anything I don't).
            The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
              Does the Raring mini.iso have support for EFI yet for those who want to use it on EFI-enabled machines.
              Here's the ISO:

Based on everything I've read, this is incorrect for booting UEFI. To boot a computer using a UEFI image, the image must be either:

* listed in an NVRAM variable, or
              * explicitly named \EFI\boot\bootx64.efi (you will see this on a "normal" *buntu ISO)

The mini's format might work on the odd EFI (not UEFI) configuration for a Macintosh, I'm not sure. But in its current form, you can't use the mini to build a UEFI-based machine in UEFI mode. It will boot in BIOS compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally posted by calligrafan View Post
                but if I understand right, there is no use of the Debian commando «ar» (can set up a full Debian installation only with bash and «wget» and the adequate script!
                Do you have an example of this? While .deb archives are in fact ar-style archives, they contain three files, two of which are .tar.gz files. Inside these files are all the smarts dpkg needs to extract, install, and configure packages. Bypassing dpkg sounds like something unwise, to me.

Comment

Good to know that , Steve. thanks.
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
                  X