Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, dmeyer I did indeed logout/login. I decided to take your advice and go back to 12.10. Am using the 64bit version and have updated Amarok and the KDE SC via the backports repository. And guess what? The Same problem. Now if this is a bug then surely I am not the only person using Amarok and therefore others would be experiencing the same issue. However, could it be my system that does not like it?

edit: think I will try a fresh install and stick with Amarok 2.6 - I am sure that it used to work for me
    Last edited by end-user; Feb 07, 2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

quick update : first of all the 2.6 version works fine on 32 bit and 64 of 12.10. Unfortunately, the 2.7 is default with the 13.04 daily builds. Having installed a mint kde 14 and then updating Amarok on there to 2.7.0 the same old problem occured. So it would seem it is with Amarok that the problem lies. Went searching on the bug lists and found report 313761 for the issue. A patch and self-build sorts the problem for now, but that is beyond me. They say that as one door closes then another opens: I am trying out Clementine as well now.

Comment

Originally posted by end-user View Post
        quick update : first of all the 2.6 version works fine on 32 bit and 64 of 12.10. Unfortunately, the 2.7 is default with the 13.04 daily builds. Having installed a mint kde 14 and then updating Amarok on there to 2.7.0 the same old problem occured. So it would seem it is with Amarok that the problem lies. Went searching on the bug lists and found report 313761 for the issue. A patch and self-build sorts the problem for now, but that is beyond me. They say that as one door closes then another opens: I am trying out Clementine as well now.
        It is not an Amarok issue. I run openSUSE 12.2 and Amarok 2.7 and its flawless. There is some serious serious packaging issue or something.

Comment

Working...
        X