X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find texlive-latex-extra package

Hi all:

I am trying to use the "adjustbox" latex library, which is in the texlive-pictures DEB package.

This seems to depend on the texlive-latex-extra DEB package* (even though it is not an explicit dependency).

However, I cannot seem to find the texlive-latex-extra DEB package, even though I can find a texlive-latex-extra-doc DEB package in Muon.

Can someone help me out? Thanks!
    Taras.

* - since the "adjustbox" library depends on the "collectbox" library

Use the terminal:

sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra

Comment

Apt-get answered that it was already installed, so I did an apt-get --reinstall and now it shows up in Muon.

The new (read: real) issue is that it turns out that they removed a whole bunch of LaTeX libraries from the packages for Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit.... not sure why.

But thank you for the tip!

Comment

Adjustbox should be in the package texlive-pictures. I think that they have broken down texlive into several packages to save space. Most users doesn't need every library. If installing texlive-pictures doesn't help you, you could install the entire Texlive: sudo apt-get install texlive-full or install Texlive manually.

Comment

I do have texlive-full installed. I am avoiding doing a manual install since LaTeX is very important to me and I am scared of messing up my system.

So, I do have "adjustbox", but when I try to compile, it complains that it is missing "collectbox". Pdflatex says: "collectbox.sty not found"

"Collectbox" used to be in texlive-latex-extra, but now it does not seem to exist in any package at all.

Thanks again for your time.

Comment

If you have texlive full installed I suppose that little more could be done. Perhaps you could ask how to get adjustbox to work at Stackexchange: http://tex.stackexchange.com/ or perhaps LaTeX Community forum: http://www.latex-community.org/forum/. I think the best LaTeX-gurus are to be found there!

Comment

Working...
            X