This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip CDs Ignoring Errors?

I have an old old mix cd I made over 10 years ago. I want to rip it but skip the errors so I can get a half working copy just to distinguish the songs so I can redo the CD using FLAC files rather the Low Quality MP3s. I tried k3b but it always freezes up and hangs on the first track.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics Card: MSI R7770
    Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
    PSU: Corsair 520HX
    Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
    Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
    Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

I haven't done the maneuver that you are attempting, but googling and reading suggests exactaudiocopy (EAC) running under wine may be about as good as you can do. You realize, of course, that the sound content lost in the mp3 compression cannot be recovered by converting mp3s back to a less lossy format.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
      I haven't done the maneuver that you are attempting, but googling and reading suggests exactaudiocopy (EAC) running under wine may be about as good as you can do. You realize, of course, that the sound content lost in the mp3 compression cannot be recovered by converting mp3s back to a less lossy format.
      I wasn't clear. Yes, I realize the difference between lossy and lossless. What I was trying to say, and failed poorly, was that I will be using FLAC files based off the source CD. not converting MP3 to FLAC. The source for the CD was low quality MP3s from the days when MP3 and Napster were trending.

As for EAC, yes I am familiar with it. Not sure if it will skip the errors like I want, but I was just hopping for a native solution.
      CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
      Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
      Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
      Graphics Card: MSI R7770
      Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
      Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
      PSU: Corsair 520HX
      Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
      Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
      Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Rubyripper says it is "based on and inspired by" EAC, so I suppose you could view it as a "native" solution.

Comment

Working...
        X