This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Override default QT color scheme?

I use Mathematica extensively and love darker KDE color schemes. However, I can never use one because Mathemica has some odd styling choices which means I can't see certain GUI components.

Is there a way to ovverride the system wide color scheme for a specific app.

Settings > Application Appearance > Colors > "Dark theme" is the current set up but how can I get Mathematica (a QT application) to rather use the oxygen color scheme as it has no conflicts. See how hard it is to read things in the pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	theotherside3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	647942

Thanks guys.

I dont know of a way to make a specific app follow it's own colour scheme but on that same system settings module on the colours tab you can tweek the colours to better suite you

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      I dont know of a way to make a specific app follow it's own colour scheme but on that same system settings module on the colours tab you can tweek the colours to better suite you

VINNY
      Yeah I know that's possible. The scheme works pretty much everywhere except in Mathematica which is why I don't really want to change the scheme. Mathematica ships with its own QT version too. So I was hoping I could just pass some generic environemnet variable at the command line just like I can run
      Code:
      dolphin -style="Motif"
      if I want Dolphin to adopt the Motif styling. This -style="<style>" works on all the QT apps I've tried.

Comment

Working...
      X