Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why need Akonadi for the Digital Clock plasma widget?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why need Akonadi for the Digital Clock plasma widget?

I mean, it works fine with disabled Akonadi, show the calendar events, etc. So this is only a design failure from the devs which f.cks up the users mind, but really there is no need to run Akonadi (with many process with high memory usage) for the Digital Clock widget?

As I understand it, it's down to one setting in Digital Clock Settings -> Calendar (there's a checkbox labelled "Display events").

If checked, that setting will cause the digital clock's calendar function to query Akonadi to access & display personal calendar events from whichever Akonadi-aware PIM application is storing them (I don't use any of the KDE PIM applications, so I'm not sure which one handles that).

If that setting is unchecked, then the digital clock widget shouldn't call on Akonadi. Also, opening up KRunner with ALT+F2, clicking the wrench, and unchecking "Calendar Events" might be necessary.

Some helpful tips here: http://mschlander.wordpress.com/2011...in-kde-sc-4-7/ - It refers to an older version of the KDE SC than is current, but as far as I can tell the tips there should help in preventing Akonadi from running if you don't want it to run.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
    X