This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwenview does not ask to confirm delete

In a previous version, Gwenview asked for delete confirmation if one used shift+delete. This is not true anymore. Nor can I find how to set it in the settings, as indicated at

http://en.linuxreviews.org/Image_viewers

How do I get this back. I am really tired of deleting pix I did not want to delete.
    Last edited by joneall; Mar 17, 2013, 06:28 AM. Reason: Pb resolved
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Here Gwenview (4.10.1) follows dolphin's confirmation settings (if asking for confirmation on file removal is enabled in dolphin settings, gwenview follows this as well)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
      Here Gwenview (4.10.1) follows dolphin's confirmation settings (if asking for confirmation on file removal is enabled in dolphin settings, gwenview follows this as well)
      Yes, that does it!

Uh, how was I supposed to know that? The doc (handbook) for Gwenview is less developed than the program, which I quite like.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joneall View Post
        The doc (handbook) for Gwenview is less developed than the program, which I quite like.
        This is true for most open source projects, the documentation often lags behind the development for a multitude of reasons.
        Unfortunately there are no easy solutions to this. For example, if software release was delayed until documentation is up-to-date (including localization)...nothing would ever be released.

At least partly outdated documentation is a price you pay for latest software. Of course you can always ask about a feature on your favorite online forum

Comment

Working...
        X