This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open-applications icons land on top of each other in panel

I'm not sure of the correct terminology here... but occasionally when I have only Firefox and Thunderbird open, and minimize one of them, its open-application icon in the panel (across the bottom of the screen) lands on top of the other one. It appears as if there's only one app open, but a close look shows aspects of one under the other. It doesn't seem possible to separate them, except by right-click and "close," which gets rid of one of them.

Anyone else experience this? Suggestions or fixes?
    -- Werdigo49
    Registered Linux User #291592
    Kubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)

well thought I was going crazy...er ,,,,, yes I just notesed this last night.

I found opening a few more apps and or closing some will sort it sometimes , or , right clicking and opening the taskmanager settings seams to fix it immediately

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes, when I selected the tab with your post, I looked at the panel, found some open applications I'd forgotten about, and closed them, leaving two, firefox and a konsole, and the konsole's entry on the panel was on top of firefox's (I could just make out "Open-applications icons land on top of each" underneath the bash entry. When I clicked Reply to begin typing this, the panel rearranged the entries. It often does this, even as I'm typing this, if I click from one window to another. It's like it can't make up its mind about where they should go. Buggy, I reckon.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

It is a known bug, don;t think there is much if any effort going into fixing it as it is currently being rewritten in qml which will solve the issue. For now you can try an alternative task manager like icon tasks.

Comment

Working...
        X