• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmake configuration problem

How do I fix the following problem:

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
    ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
    /home/jimbot/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package)

do you have the build-essential package installed ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes, build-essential Version 11.5ubuntu3 is installed.

Comment

Need a little more details, what are you trying to compile?

That error is normally given when you do not have a build dependency install, these are normally in *-dev packages so make sure they are installed.

My guess is: kde-workspace-dev

Comment

Thanks! kde-workspace-dev was NOT installed, and installing it seems to have fixed the cmake issue.

FYI, the package I was trying to compile is kdbg v2.5.2. The latest, bleeding-edge version was needed
          because there's a serious bug in version 2.5.1 that keeps kdbg from loading in debugging symbols.
          some sort of conflict with the latest version of gdb. Normally, I have no problem fixing compilation
          problems, but then again, I avoid as much as I can, using tools like cmake! I much prefer using make.

Again, thanks for your help, this problemo is [SOLVED]!

Originally posted by james147 View Post
          Need a little more details, what are you trying to compile?

That error is normally given when you do not have a build dependency install, these are normally in *-dev packages so make sure they are installed.

My guess is: kde-workspace-dev

Comment

If the package you are compiling is in the repositories, and you're just compiling a later or modified version, apt-get build-dep takes away the guess work.
            Code:
            sudo apt-get build-dep kdbg
            Not guaranteed to solve the problem, as the later version might need something new.
            BTW, your post is interesting because I'd hit that problem a few weeks ago; I think I ended up using gdb directly. Might follow you if I want to use kdbg again.

Regards, John Little
            Regards, John Little

Comment

That's why these forums exist, to document solutions to problems! :>D

Comment

cmake configuration problem

Thanks.. I read the post trying to find any solutions, and all was perfect... thank

Comment

Working...
                X