This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox on 64-bit box stops syncing till after reboot

I've got a 64-bit desktop and a 32-bit notebook running current Kubuntu and Dropbox. The 64-bit has recently begun losing the ability to sync, so that files I've edited on the desktop don't show up on the netbook if the desktop has been up for a while. When I reboot the 64-bit machine, files sync again. Any suggestions about where to start looking?
    Kubuntu #19517 (but of course I am not a number, I am a free man!)

There is something you can do to try and find the source of the problem. I'm going to assume you have Dropbox in your Startup Applications. Disable it there by clearing the checkmark, then log out and back in again. Once back at the desktop open a terminal and issue the command:

Code:
    dropbox start -i
    Dropbox should start with a few messages, and you'll notice the command prompt doesn't come back (I purposely left out the "&" switch at the end). Leave the terminal open (you can minimize it if you'd like) and go about what you normally do. If Dropbox stops syncing or stops working, pull the terminal back up and look at the messages there. If something went wrong with Dropbox, it should leave output in the terminal as a clue. If you're not sure what the output means, copy it and post it here and we'll see what can be done from there.
    Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

Working...
    X