Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't view YouTube videos in Chrome Web Browser after applying kernel update 02.02.13

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't view YouTube videos in Chrome Web Browser after applying kernel update 02.02.13

I was watching YouTube videos all morning yesterday 02.02.13 and I saw the software update Icon on the task-bar, so I applied the kernel update that was the only update I saw in the list. I took a lunch break shortly after that. When I came back and I pull up the YouTube page, everything is fine until I click onto a video that I want to view. I then get the message in the middle of the video area "Couldn't load plugin". I've been using Chrome since it became available for Linux, never had an issue. I then d/l'd Firefox, using the Install Firefox icon that came with Kubuntu. It loaded, and I can view the video's fine in Firefox. Has anyone else had any similar problems or any advice. (I know I could just continue to use Firefox, however, on my system, Firefox loads pages incredibly slow compared to Chrome and I just prefer that browser) Any advice would be appreciated. I'm using Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal. 64 bit version. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

You probably have 2 flashplayers at the moment, both are setup in Chrome.
    Open Chrome or open a new TAB when it is open already
    Type in the addressbar: aboutlugins
    scroll down to where you find a line that uses "libpepflashplayer.so" Be careful, there might be more than one line using this driver.
    Disable the driver by clicking the word Disable for every instance where you find "libpepflashplayer.so"
    Close the tab
    Reload the page you want to see and now it should work.
    Success.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 03, 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Thank you SO! much. You were right, I did exactly what you said, and it works perfectly. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you for the help. I haven't used Firefox in so long, and was really hating life. Not to mention it runs like a turtle on my system. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X