This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set all desktops to folder view

How can I set all my desktops at once to "Folder View"? And is there a way to change the default view from "Default Desktop" to "Folder View"? I've already set "Virtual Desktops" to "different widgets for each desktop" since I want different backgrounds on different desktops.

I noticed the following when experimenting with a single desktop. The relevant files appear to be ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktoprc and ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc. In the following, the files with the .old extension represent "Default Desktop" mode; the files without an extension represent "Folder View" mode.

Code:
    steve@t520:~/.kde/share/config$ [B]diff --suppress-common-lines --side-by-side plasma-desktop-appletsrc.old plasma-desktop-appletsrc[/B]
    [Containments][24]                                            | [Containments][25]
    plugin=desktop                                                | plugin=folderview
    [Containments][24][ToolBox]                                   | [Containments][25][ToolBox]
    [Containments][24][Wallpaper][image]                          | [Containments][25][Wallpaper][image]

steve@t520:~/.kde/share/config$ [B]diff --suppress-common-lines --side-by-side plasma-desktoprc.old plasma-desktoprc[/B]
    24=3                                                          | 25=3
    The numbers in the square brackets increased by one each time I made a change. Perhaps useful to begin your own investigations.
    Last edited by SteveRiley; Jan 30, 2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Wonder if this would work:

Code:
      kquitapp plasma-desktop
      cp ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc.backup
      sed -i 's/plugin=desktop/plugin=folderview/'  ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
      plasma-desktop
      You should be able to revert back with
      Code:
      kquitapp plasma-desktop
      cp ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc.backup ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
      plasma-desktop
      Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      The numbers in the square brackets increased by one each time I made a change. Perhaps useful to begin your own investigations.
      Don't think the number is important as long as they match and do not conflict with other containments (the increment is probably the result of the live change).

Comment

Working...
      X