This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Background image for LightDM

Does the background image one selects to display on the logon screen have to be a certain size/file/directory? I've selected the image I want, and it shows up as a small icon on the setup menu for lightDM. However when I reboot, a white background is now display. Not my image, and not even the default Kubuntu background image.

Are you referring to Background image: on the Theme tab, or the actual background image when you are on the login screen?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The actual background when you log on.

Below is what my settings show. You can see (maybe!) the shuttle picture that I selected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lightDM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	640181

Comment

IIRC, that background image isn't used for the screen background (login wallpaper); it's used for the background of the user image.

Comment

Oh ok. How does one make a custom wallpaper for the logon screen?

Comment

Okay, I'm wrong. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

I just tested, and it does set the LightDM Login screen background. I selected a 1440x900 .png image, saved, and logged out and back in. That selected image was used as the screen background.

Comment

I took your cue and saved it as a png file, and moved it to /usr/share/wallpapers. Now it works!

Comment

Sweet. I was looking for a solution to this all afternoon. You'd think that would be something the dev would specify, "Must be in png format".

Anyway, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X