This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-Menu edits cannot be saved

I use the "classic" K-Menu, so item order is rather important - I want the items I use most often to be at the top of each menu section. Usually, this is easy to set up. But in recent days (and I'm not sure when this became a problem, as I don't edit the menu-item-order a lot), I am unable to do edits to the K-Menu (via the k-Menu>R-click>edit applications function) and then save. I can do the changes, but the save just runs over and over, when initiated, without really saving. The menu item order remains unchanged.

Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix this?

Thanks for any thoughts...

UPDATE: Apparently, I also cannot save changes to the system configuration, out of "systemsettings". I'm beginning to think I need to delete some file somewhere (and dread the costs of having to do this - wholesale restart on system configuration) to fix this, yet I have no idea what file that might be.

UPDATE2: Have just discovered that k3b is missing from the menu, although it IS installed. Reinstalling it does not get it onto the menu. Apparently the KMenu is now permanently frozen. No changes allowed. Very odd.

All ideas as to how to fix this are welcome!

t.
    Last edited by tomcloyd; Nov 18, 2012, 03:39 AM. Reason: update2

Check for files in your home directory not owned by you. Possibly you can't write to the place the menu customizations go. Run
    Code:
    find '!' -user $LOGNAME
    in your home directory.

Regards, John
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X