X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Input Method on 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hello all,

Have been trying to get this working with no luck. Have researched other posts on previous versions especially this one on 12.4:

(http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...highlight=iBus)

I am able to see Japanese Anthy chosen as the input method in the tray but can't see the language bar to actually switch between English and Hiragana and Kanji.

Would appreciate any help as this is driving me crazy.

thanks
    Last edited by ntuple; Nov 05, 2012, 09:53 PM. Reason: Problem was resolved

Hi ntuple. What happens when you click on the Anthy icon in the system tray?

Comment

Good question. I have an iBus icon that shows me that I've selected Japanese Anthy but I don't have an Anty icon in the tray.
      ??

Comment

You shouldnt have one. Right click on the i-bus icon and open up preferences. From there you can set a keyboard shortcut. Does that work? If not try running this in a terminal:
        Code:
        im-switch -s ibus
        Then try again.

A problem in 12.10 is that there is no way to tell the system that you are using i-bus.

Comment

I do have a keyboard shortcut set (Ctl/space) but it doesn't do anything. I ran "im-switch -s ibus" but it doesn't actiate the Japanese fonts.

Comment

You may have to log out and log in again to get settings to take effect. If that doesnt work, try rebooting. If that doesnt work, post the output of
            Code:
            im-switch -l
            Just to check, in System Settings > Locale under the Languages tab, you should have English and Japanese listed under Preferred Languages. In the i-bus Settings menu in the Input Method tab, you should have Japanese - Anthy selected.

Comment

@whatthenfunk thanks for your help. The reboot did the trick :-)

Comment

Excellent! Glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                X