Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plasma Desktop Shell Add-on Installer failing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Desktop Shell Add-on Installer failing.

Hi Guys,

fairly minor one, but when I try and add new widgets I get the Plasma Desktop Shell Add-On Installer pop up OK, but it consistently fails to load the providers xml file.

I can however get to the file fine from a web browser.

The same thing happens for themes for some reason.

Any ideas?

Ta

Peter.

(Seems to work at here - tried: appmenu-qml - kubuntu-desktop)

Could you tell a bit more ?

What widgets are you trying to install ?
    What themes are you trying to install ?
    What kind of desktop do you have ? kubuntu-desktop ? kubuntu-full ? kde-plasma-desktop ? ... something else ?
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Sorry, wasn't sure what information would be relivent.

Its the default desktop with a 12.10 install (kde-plasma-desktop I think) and I'm trying to get a list of new widgets/themes so haven't got as far as actually trying to install anything yet.

Peter.

Comment

Hi guys!

I have the very same problem. KDE fails to download the providers.xml file through the theme manager. However it is all possible in a web browser or the like, which is strange. TCPDump doesn't register any traffic either. So I can only come to the conclusion that the theme manager fails to make the call in the first place. This is not the first occurence either. Google gives me some hits, but no clue or solution.

Cheers!
        /T

Comment

Hi there,

I discovered in my case it was to do with IP6 addresses. I was mucking around with a tunnel broker and had IP6 addresses on my machines here. As soon as I went to an IP4 only network, or turned off my IP6 it all worked fine (ap-get update would hang for ages too, which is now not the case). Odd and didn't get too fan into working out why, but it seems to be fixed now with that off.

Comment

Working...
          X