This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice new cleen install :)

Just wanted to say how nicely this new install of Kubuntu-12.10-i386 is running ........I mean W:eek:W it is blazing fast response wise compared to my main install, Franken-Kubuntu-12.04-x86_64 ......LOL ,I say Franken because it started life as 11.04 and was net upgraded through all the releases up to 12.04 and then was given a extra graphics PPA and a 3.5 seres kernel .

this 12.10 is giving almost instant response opening programs and whatnot + seems to be running cooler and better RAM use , ,,,,,,falling in love hear
    well back to the customizing,program getting and testing

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    Just wanted to say how nicely this new install of Kubuntu-12.10-i386 is running ........I mean W:eek:W it is blazing fast response wise compared to my main install, Franken-Kubuntu-12.04-x86_64 ......LOL ,I say Franken because it started life as 11.04 and was net upgraded through all the releases up to 12.04 and then was given a extra graphics PPA and a 3.5 seres kernel .

this 12.10 is giving almost instant response opening programs and whatnot + seems to be running cooler and better RAM use , ,,,,,,falling in love hear
    well back to the customizing,program getting and testing

VINNY
    Just out of curiosity, do you have your BIOS set up for 64-bit, I switched for example, the 32-bit High Precision Even Timer to 64-bit, etc. I know you are no noob, just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
      Just out of curiosity, do you have your BIOS set up for 64-bit, I switched for example, the 32-bit High Precision Even Timer to 64-bit, etc. I know you are no noob, just asking.
      to be perfectly honest I'm not sure,, I haven't been in the BIOS settings for quite some time , but I would assume so as it was a 64-bit win7 box to start with (that lasted all of 20 min of me taking it out the box )and I don't think I would have changed any BIOS setting that would inhibit a 64-bit OS

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        to be perfectly honest I'm not sure,, I haven't been in the BIOS settings for quite some time , but I would assume so as it was a 64-bit win7 box to start with (that lasted all of 20 min of me taking it out the box )and I don't think I would have changed any BIOS setting that would inhibit a 64-bit OS

VINNY
        Ah, you are probably right. I had to make sure EMT and Virtualization, etc, was enabled, I haven't bought a 'pre-built', since oh, '99, heh.

Comment

Mmmmmmm she's getting all prettied up .........................................

............Beautiful

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
          X