This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it

I am really liking Kubuntu 12.10. It is slick and really nice to use.

Indeed. In my opinion, it's much better than Kubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Comment

Me too, my laptop is running a lot cooler. Its very smooth, It ran great in Beta too.
      Rob

Comment

Remember when i first started to use Kubuntu after the advent of Unity in Ubuntu. Kubuntu would pop up error messages like every 5 minutes that something has crahed. Now, its really stable. Really good job
        Last edited by Nayar; Oct 21, 2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Fast clean upgrade and a reboot later, a slick smooth system. Kudos again to the Kubuntu team for upping the game.

Comment

+1 Yup my laptop is running amazing with 12.10.

Besides the installer hanging, the Additional Hardware Drivers list for Nvidia being a confusing mess and Firefox Installer not pointing to the Blue shell version by default this is the best Kubuntu I have ever used. Good Job.

Comment

Loving my desktop with Kubuntu 12.10. I hadn't really intended to switch from 12.04 as that was pretty amazing, but after trying out 12.10 and finding it even better, I haven't gone back!

Tremendous work all round. Best yet. Kubuntu and KDE go from strength to strength.
              PUNCH IT CHEWIE!

Comment

Stability had allways been the top reason I stayed with Ubuntu. These days there's a reversal - good job K developers.

Comment

Loving Kubuntu 12.10 and I am so pleased with the vibrant colour and clarity that seems to be sharper than before and better than with other DE`s. Stability also; once you make adjustments, if they work,they stay that way!

Comment

I think it comes down to the move from 4.8 to 4.9. 4.9 was just a huge leap forward in quality for KDE and from what I'm seeing 4.10 is going to be another leap forward. I think the new notifications coming after all that research and careful planning is going to massively improve the experience. At the moment the notifications can be configured but the implementation is fundamentally flawed and that's all going to be fixed.

Also QML is seeing a huge increase in usage (particularly throughout plasma) and that is always good for performance, battery life and stability. I think if KDE was in this condition two years ago then Canonical might have used KDE with QML UI customizations to build Unity.

I still think the great travesty is how long KDE took to get to this state even though it is undoubtedly the best DE out there. Kubuntu with its very limited resources does remarkably well as a KDE distro (some rpm distros like openSUSE tend to do quite a bit better) and is the best Debian KDE implemetation around by a mile.

I just think that theming needs to be unified/simplified a little and maybe beautified a but more. I quite like what ROSA is doing as I think it looks gorgeous. Making the Qt theme and Plasma theme textured would be my recommendation.

Comment

I really like Skulpture. But I've been really impressed with a full KDE 12.10. The base system was doing a lot of segfaults for me. The addition of full KDE smoothed things out enormously for me.
                      GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Working...
                      X