X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu gets stuck during install

Hello All,

I have installed Kubuntu many times before, but recently when I go to install.. it gets stuck when I press the Install Now button. Once I press the button, I get the spinning icon for a few seconds, but then it doesn't progress any further. I'm using the entire disk so I don't think what I currently have on the machine should affect anything. Currently the machine has CentOS 6.3 installed in case that helps. Does anybody have any ideas on why this is happening?

Did you check the MD5sum of the install media?

Comment

I did

Comment

Which version are you trying to install ? The same thing happened to me when i tried to install the first beta release of Raring Ringtail. It happened on both my laptop and desktop. Curiously, it installed perfectly on a VM on both machines. I have since downloaded a later version and that installed ok on the laptop. I haven't tried it on the desktop yet, i wait with that until the final version is released.
        sigpic

Comment

I did a clean install the other week and had a similar problem during the install process. I forgot if it was the same step or not, but just let it hang there. After about 10 min or so, it will progress and you can install! I have installed Kubuntu 12.10 before on mostly the same hardware. The only thing that might have changed was the PCI card I added for more sata ports. Off hand I forgot if it was present during install or not. This has only started recently for me.
          CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
          Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
          Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
          Graphics Card: MSI R7770
          Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
          Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
          PSU: Corsair 520HX
          Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
          Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
          Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Working...
          X