This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During Installation

I have sat here for the last two days just fighting and fighting this installer. I am at the point of severe frustration. I have searched and searched the internet to no avail. I have found that my "bug" is something that has happened to many people, and can be found here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1063025

Unfortunately, it shows that it's been fixed, but not in any ISO I have downloaded.

Seriously, I just want to install Kubuntu. Every single time I try things like formatting the hard drive before running the installation, I get the same thing. I've tried putting my HD on a different SATA port, just to see what the problem is, and I still can't use it. Although, I can install Windows just fine on the same HD, so my HD is not broken.

I have downloaded the ISO about 4 different times and checked the MD5 each time. The ISO's are fine.

So, is there any way to get past this, and just install Kubuntu?
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - Ticopelp

Unfortunately that bug report doesn't describe much.

Could you describe a bit more on what you are experiencing? Some system specs, especially drive set up would be helpful, as well as what tools you used to format your drive.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I don't know how to describe what I am experiencing, besides the installation goes through until I get to the "Where are you" part, then it just hangs there for eternity.
      Attention is the currency of internet forums. - Ticopelp

Comment

Some hardware specs.......?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
        X