This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy no paste

I was writing to the forum in order to request help on my hd partitions before installing 12.10 on a Lenovo S10-3s netbook when I ran into a peculiar problem. After running Konsole to show the partitions, I highlighted the text and tried to paste it into my forum message. Couldn't do it. Right-clicking the mouse (I'm still not good with touchpads) does nothing, and so I can't copy anything onto the message and will have to type it all out by hand. Unless there's a trick I don't know of. Can anyone help?

Tried the Middle Click?
    GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Is the clipboard functioning? It may be possible that if the window was in root mode (sudo), it may not allow copying to a 'regular' user, just a guess.

Comment

Shortcut keys should work: [CTR]+[C] to copy and [CTR]+[V] to paste. If not let us know.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
          Shortcut keys should work: [CTR]+[C] to copy and [CTR]+[V] to paste. If not let us know.
          They won't work in a konsole window (Many CTRL shortcuts are reserved for shell functions, including Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V).

The default shortcuts for copy/pasting from/to konsole are: Ctrl+Shift+C or Ctrl+Ins (copy) and Ctrl+Shift+V or Shift+Ins (paste)

Comment

I tried the middle click and that did it! Case closed. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
              They won't work in a konsole window (Many CTRL shortcuts are reserved for shell functions, including Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V).

The default shortcuts for copy/pasting from/to konsole are: Ctrl+Shift+C or Ctrl+Ins (copy) and Ctrl+Shift+V or Shift+Ins (paste)
              I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the catch!
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
              K*Digest Blog
              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Got lucky.
                GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Working...
                X