This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installer crash

I wish I could have a trouble-free experience with Kubuntu, but lately I've had some difficulties. Once 12.10 came out, I decided it was time to install the new OS onto my old 11.04 partition, which I was ready to erase. Things went fine until after I formatted the old 11.04 partition, when the installer crashed. I tried it again: same thing. Since I used 11.04 as the boot OS, I can no longer access either Windows 7 or Ubuntu 11.04. All I get is an error message saying something like GRUB recovery, and I have no idea what to do now. Any suggestions?

Where does the installer crash? The 12.04.1 installer crashed for me on the "manual" partition screen, and it is possible to tip-toe around the crash.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

First of all - your partition was prepared under Windows or using GParted (or something similar)? Sometimes Ubiquity (or another linuxes installer) crashed when partiotions was prepared using Windows utility.
      In the past, sometimes I noticed Ubiquity crash. If you was trying to install Kubuntu with "Install Kubuntu" option when system is starting, try "Try Kubuntu" and install it from it. And vice versa.

Comment

The installer crashed after copying 73% of its files. I ran a test on the usb and there was an error in one file. I decided to use the 12.10 live to download 12.04 to another usb, which I used as a source for an installation flash installer, from which I installed the lts version. Given my recent difficulties, stability seems more important at this moment. The only oddity so far is that 12.04 hasn't been able to install Flash or the ms core fonts installer. And I don't know how to install Google Chrome, which I've synced with all my preferences. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

My HD was partitioned by Kubuntu and Ubuntu when I installed them next to a Windows 7 partition. The problem seems to be due to a file error. I tried installing after the Try Kubuntu option and got the same results. I ended up installing 12.04 in the hopes of finding a little stability in my life. Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

If it is an file error you could check md5 sum of your ISO. But,... now, when you have 12.04 you could upgrade your system to 12.10. IMHO 12.10 is a little bit better then 12.04 (and all previously Kubuntu).

Comment

Working...
            X