This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

encryption options very lacking

I burned the desktop amd64 version of 12.10, and installed on a clean system, looking for some nice improvements.

Normally I install the alt CD for the encryption, making 3 different encrypted partitions for different needs, and now that the partitioning setup is all on the liveCD, I find that option missing.

The only option for encrypted LVM is the Guided - use entire disk option, and that has the key slots on the partitioning page.

When selecting the manual option, the key fields are greyed out, and when selecting physical volume for encryption from the partition type dropdown, no entry fields for the keys show up, and after selecting OK, the error box pops up and says "an error occurred while creating the keyfile."

So, this leaves me with the option of making multiple unencrypted partitions, or to use the guided encryption and get the entire drive with a single key.

Both optioins are a big negative for me, and this means I am a bit stuck, since the alternate CD version is also not available.

Is there a way to return to the install options provided by the alt CD? such as creating multiple encrypted LVM partitions and keys during install?

Also, it wouldn't recognize any existing encrypted partitions for use after install, so I'm a bit disappointed in not being able to use 12.10.

Any advice or answers would be appreciated. thanks

I don't know if this bug is related to the Kubuntu installer, but it seems to be up for fixing in 13.04.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1066480

Comment

this is a known issue with 12.10 ,,,,,,the only option at this time is to install 12.04 with your encrypted partitions, fully update it, then net upgrade to 12.10...... or to use your existing encrypted partitions launch the live Medea to a live session open the encrypted partitions and then install.

look hear at the bottom in the installation section https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetz...eNotes/Kubuntu

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X