X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Screen Video

Hi everyone.

I use Kubuntu 12.04 and through the backports repository, I have updated to KDE 4.10.2. Since then, when I watch full screen video (e.g. in VLC), panel comes to the front, after a couple of minutes. In case of full screen videos in Firefox (e.g. utube), after a couple of minutes full screen is reverted to normal view (automatically).

I have checked xsession errors and observed that issue was caused either by notifications widget or nepomuk indexer.

After closing the first and suspending indexing, full screen video work properly. If I disable only one of them, then, the strange issue is back.

Does anyone face the same/similar issue?

No guarantees, but this might be worth a try - go into System Settings -> Desktop Effects -> Advanced, and tick the box for "Suspend desktop effects for fullscreen windows".
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Already tried - not working Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
        No guarantees, but this might be worth a try - go into System Settings -> Desktop Effects -> Advanced, and tick the box for "Suspend desktop effects for fullscreen windows".
        That setting is fairly useless. Martin did a blogpost on it once when it came to game benchmarking. The best trick Alt+Shift+F12 to toggle composting.

http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blo...g-performance/

Comment

OK, I tried this only as a possible workaround. It has nothing to do (since behevior did not change) with the issue in concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoder View Post
            OK, I tried this only as a possible workaround. It has nothing to do (since behevior did not change) with the issue in concern.
            For YouTube try switch to HTML5 with http://www.youtube.com/html5

Honestly though, Flash is only just just functional on Linux and experiences vary so widely. I for example have never had a single flash issue. Adobe no longer really has any interest in maintaining flash on Linux, heck, flash is a mess even on Windows so yeah. Your best flash experience will be with Google Chrome (not Chromium) which has a built in version of flash. Chromium does not have it included.

Comment

Working...
            X