X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Acrobat Reader for kubuntu 12.10

hello,

here is my experience how I successfully installed Adobe Acrobat Reader in my kubuntu 12.10...
    all you have to do is to enter the given commands in your Terminal window such as these:

1. sudo apt-get update
    2. sudo apt-get install acroread

that's all

I've moved your thread out of the Social / Casual Talk forum and into the 12.10 Post-Installation forum.

Out of curiosity...is there something that Okular, the default PDF reader for KDE, can't do for you?

Comment

And seeing this as a second post about something normally done via the Muon package manager I have to ask if Muon is broken on your system?

Comment

I can tell you my experience. It could be that Adobe Acrobat Reader might be a good product, but I got to tell you Okular is even better. It is true that it might need more polishing, but it is a fine product. I have had problems with Adobe on a class that I took, but to be honest I installed it because Okular was giving me problems. But when I installed Adobe it was even worst. I was grateful for Okular, not even a professional product with a lot of years could keep up.

Bottom line, Open Source products are, most of the time, superior than the close source counter part. And once you get use to Okular you will not leave stop using it.
        You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
        Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
        Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Working...
        X