Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does one empty the trash "manually"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not off topic at all jonas,

to me? this seems to be an abstract issuew with broad implications. i feel the issues for me have been caused by runing the tardis plasmoid naively. i agree that as more powerful features are placed within easy reach of many we may see more of this type of strange but lucid situation.

i have reconfigured tardis such that the destination of it's backups will now be a /temp directory on my server via nfs.

i am running rm -r * in /media/AD14-2682 where the backups were stored before but i got allot of returns like this...

RW': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `BackupEartha/back-2013-02-20T06_07_04/.goutputstream-MOXNQW': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `BackupEartha/back-2013-02-20T06_07_04/.goutputstream-RXWIPW': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `BackupEartha/back-2013-02-20T06_07_04/.goutputstream-YMWASW': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `BackupEartha/back-2013-02-20T06_07_04/.goutputstream-Z2BVRW': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `BackupEartha/back-2013-02-20T06_07_04/.gtk-bookmarks': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Berlin/The Best of Berlin 1979-1988': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Blue Man Group/Audio': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Boris Mourashkin/Bio-Energetic Psychotropic Music/Disk 2': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Boris Mourashkin/Bio-Energetic Psychotropic Music/Disk 1': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Christina Aguilera/Stripped': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Cirque du Soleil/Mystère': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/AEE2013TamaraMarsar.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/insuranceproof.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/lia.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/nadie.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/ouhi.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/alonzo.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/april.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/AEE/larry.xps': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/kubuntu-12.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/kubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/ubuntu-12.10-desktop-amd64.iso': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `cruiser/ubuntu-12.10-desktop-i386.iso': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Darwin Tunes': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Dead Can Dance/Into the Labyrinth': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Deep Forest/Deep Forest': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `DJ Bambam/DJ Bam Bam - Da Hard Beats': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `DJPink/ForeverPink(2010)': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Everything but the Girl/Back to Mine_ Everything but the Girl': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Frank Zappa': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `George Michael': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Jesus Jones/Doubt': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Jimi Hendrix/The Jimi Hendrix Experience/The Jimi Hendrix Experience (disc 4)': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Jimi Hendrix/The Jimi Hendrix Experience/The Jimi Hendrix Experience (disc 3)': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Jimi Hendrix/The Jimi Hendrix Experience/The Jimi Hendrix Experience (disc 1)': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Jimi Hendrix/The Jimi Hendrix Experience/The Jimi Hendrix Experience (disc 2)': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Madona/Erotica': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Michael Lee Thomas/Voyager - Grand Tour Suite': Read-only file system
    rm: cannot remove `Miles Davis/The Complete Miles Davis At Montreaux': Read-only file system
    the tardis status is now removing a backup from last friday.
    we will see how it handles going forward...
    Last edited by oznola; Feb 21, 2013, 08:21 AM.
    “The door to the cabinet is to be opened using a minimum of 15 Kleenexes.” ~Howard Hughes

Linux 3.5.0-21-generic, KDE 4.9.4, Plasma Netbook,
    Grand Unified Bootloader (Grub) 0.97-29ubuntu66 (Legacy version)

Dell MINI 9, Intel Dual Core Atom (2x) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bits,
    STEC PATA 32GB SSD on IDE Bus, 2Gb RAM.

Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

Comment

Originally posted by oznola View Post
      not off topic at all jonas,

to me? this seems to be an abstract issuew with broad implications. i feel the issues for me have been caused by runing the tardis plasmoid.

i have reconfigured tardis such that the destination of it's backups will now be a /temp directory on my server via nfs.

i am running rm -r * in /media/AD14-2682 where the backups were stored before but i got allot of returns like this...

we will see how it handles otherwise...
      You could always force things with sudo if you wanted!

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
        You could always force things with sudo if you wanted!
        Not a good idea to try and force things,

"Read-only file system"

Suggests that the file system is read only, sudo won't help much with that, best to check the output of `mount` to see if it is mounted read only

Comment

Working...
        X