This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeps suggestiong I install flash

All the users on my PC, including me, keep getting a "helpful" suggestion on the panel to install "flash" but
    Code:
    $ apt-cache policy adobe-flashplugin 
    adobe-flashplugin:
      Installed: 11.2.202.270-0quantal1
      Candidate: 11.2.202.270-0quantal1
      Version table:
     *** 11.2.202.270-0quantal1 0
            500 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ quantal/partner amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    Anyone know why it keeps doing this?

I believe their is a right click option to tell it to never show again,or hide or something of the sort ,,,trivial bug that has not been addressed yet.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      I believe their is a right click option to tell it to never show again,or hide or something of the sort ,,,trivial bug that has not been addressed yet.
      Thanks Vinny. I agree it is trivial but I was wondering if I'd set something up incorrectly. It's good to know that it's a recognised bug.

Comment

Another similar, trivial thing is when you have NoScript installed in Firefox (which I recommend). Web sites pop up saying, Looks like you need to install or activate Java Script or Adobe Flash (or something like that). Then you click your NoScript icon to "allow" the site to work. In fact, often, many simple features of a site (buttons, mouse hover-tips, options, etc.) will not work properly unless you do allow NoScript to relax.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X