Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh 12.10 install with auto-login enabled but now want to disable.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh 12.10 install with auto-login enabled but now want to disable.

I have a fresh dual boot installed with Kubuntu 12.10 and windows8 on a UEFI /GPT 64bit laptop.

During the Kubuntu install I elected to have my main user auto-login enabled. (IE: no username/password screen) While that was kind of slick at first I am rethinking my ways and I want to disable that again and have the username and password default back to a login screen.

I was searching the various forum articles for this config file since I am not finding this setting in the user config and login screen config areas of the system menus.

This all started because I like to frequently switch back and forth between logged-in users (<Ctrl><Alt><F7> and <Ctrl><Alt><F8>). Once I finally log out of the "second user" I am asked to re-login to my first user when in previous installs (when auto-login was NOT enabled) I did not have to do this.

So my first step was going to be disabling the auto-login for my main user.
    Last edited by teastman; Dec 05, 2012, 08:13 AM. Reason: spelling & sentance structure
    Lead by example, but be an example worth following.

Found it - duh.
    Lead by example, but be an example worth following.

Comment

lite DM ......still pllaying with 12.10 myself and getting familiar with the slight differences .

was it the check box ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X