This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything black when returning from full screen app

Hi! I just upgraded from Kubuntu 12.04 to 12.10. Clean root install with retained /home

I have one serious problem with the new installation: When using XBMC (installed from the Kubuntu repos) in full screen, and returning to windowed mode (using XBMC keyboard short cut "\") the whole desktop is completely black, with the exception of the mouse pointer. When right clicking (blindly), menus that appear are visible (but everything else still black). When triggering kwin effects such as the desktop grid or the present windows effect, everything is suddenly visible(!), but when closing the effect it's back to black.

More detailed: When starting XBMC, I can initially switch between fullscreen and windows without problems. Then, later, when having run XBMC in FS for a while, I will hear a sound played in the background (probably some sort of notification sound), and if I then go to windowed mode, the all-is-black error has occured.

The only way out of the bug that I've found is to go to a tty (Alt-F1) and issue a sudo service lightdm restart

I'm using XBMC a lot, so this bug is really crippling to me. I'd be grateful for any help possible in figuring out a solution.

(I'm using the nvidia-current driver. )
    Last edited by Guest; Oct 27, 2012, 08:10 AM.
Working...
X